She quickly headed to their room and found her father in an alarming state.
Her swift reaction allowed her to save her father’s life. Chris was first diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) in 2018.
His condition had deteriorated to the point where he needed an electric wheelchair, according to his girlfriend Sheryl.
When his immune system weakened, Chris ended up in the hospital after contracting infections. He had recently been treated for a lung infection.
After being discharged from the hospital, the family thought Chris was recovering well, until that night…
Rochelle got up at night to get a glass of water but noticed a noise coming from her parents’ room.
She entered and saw her father’s teeth chattering, and his temperature was high, so she reacted immediately.
Her mother, Sheryl, woke up suddenly and saw what had happened, alerting emergency services, who arrived promptly.
After being taken away in an ambulance, Sheryl and Rochelle had to wait for news at home due to Covid restrictions.
They were allowed to visit Chris at the Inverclyde Royal Hospital after he had stabilized.
When she spoke to the doctors, Sheryl learned that Chris’s pneumonia, which had caused the chills, had turned into sepsis, and he was in septic shock.
They added that his oxygen level was dangerously low when he arrived at the hospital and that he was almost dead.
Sheryl remembers the words of a paramedic: “If she weren’t his daughter, he would be dead.”
She then said, “Rochelle had the biggest smile on her face when I told her she had saved her father’s life.”
Chris spent another three days in the hospital before being allowed to recover at home with a prescription for strong antibiotics.
He is now doing well and can’t stop praising his heroic daughter.